Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
An Easy, Timeless, and Delicious Recipe!
Who doesn’t remember their mother or grandmother making Banana Pudding for Sunday dinner? The mouthwatering aromas of bananas, pudding, and Nilla Wafers baking in the oven, while meringue tips browned to golden perfection.
I’m sure we all have wonderful memories of this old-fashioned, yet classic dessert. In our home, the first delicious bowlfuls were served warm, but the leftovers (if there were any) were just as amazing straight from the refrigerator.
Today, I wanted to recreate your memories with this EASY recipe.
Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding:
This is one of the easiest dessert recipes you will ever make. Simple ingredients: Milk, Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding, Bananas, and Nilla Wafer Cookies. (egg whites for Meringue Topping–link to recipe and instructions below)
Cook the Pudding according to the box directions. Slice the Bananas.
Layer the pudding in an oven-safe bowl: Nilla Wafers, Banana Slices, Pudding, repeat until bowl is almost filled. Top with Meringue.
You can find my How To Make Meringue Topping here.
Bake the pudding with the meringue topping on it for 10 to 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven (according to the Meringue Topping Recipe).
And for your convenience, a Printable Recipe!
- I 5oz-Box Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding
- 4 - 5 Bananas
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Box Nilla Wafers
- Meringue Topping (see: https://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/07/06/meringue-topping/ for directions)
- Use a large oven-safe bowl
- Follow directions on Pudding box to make pudding
- Cut Banana into slices
- Line bottom of bowl with Nilla Wafers (get the cookies as far up the side as they will go without falling
- Place a layer of Banana slices on top of Cookies
- Spoon some of the cooked Pudding on top of the Bananas
- Continue layering Cookies, Bananas, and Pudding
- Top with Meringue
Serve warm, or refrigerated.
This recipe can be made low-fat by using Low-Fat MIlk and Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
Do you have any family favorite dessert recipes?
Do you have special Sunday Dinners?
Share using our Hashtag!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com