A Scrumptious Summer Supper
I wanted to share with you the lovely summer meal that Luke and I had Wednesday night. We grilled up Salmon Kabobs and made an amazing Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad with Tomatoes. It was delicious, filling, and super healthy! I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.
- 2 Tbs. – Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbs. – Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp. – Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp. – Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
- 1-1/2 Lbs. – Wild Salmon Fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 – Lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Coarse Sea Salt, to taste
- 16 – Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour.
- Heat the Grill on Medium Heat, and rub Oil on the grates. Combine Oregano, Sesame Seeds, Cumin, and Red Pepper Flakes in a small bowl, mix well, and set aside.
- Use 2 parallel skewers and thread Salmon and folded Lemon Slices beginning and ending with salmon. You should yield 7 or 8 completed skewers.
- Lightly coat the salmon with the Olive Oil Spray, then season with Salt and the reserved spice mixture.
- Grill the Salmon Kabobs, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 8-10 minutes.
Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad with Tomatoes Printable Recipe
- 1-Box – Israeli Couscous (whole wheat pearl couscous)
- 1-Bundle – Thin Asparagus Spears (reserve water from boiling)
- 1-1/2 Cups – Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 Cup – Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 – Lemons, juiced
- 1 Tbs. – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. – Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Coarse Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Slivered Almonds, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Rinse Asparagus. Snap bottoms off to remove tough ends (If you bend the asparagus they will snap in the appropriate place).
- Place asparagus into the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a large slotted spoon and rinse in a colander with cold water to stop cooking.
- Turn off burner and replace lid to the asparagus water. Reserve for later.
- Cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Chop Tomatoes (I used our homegrown regular sized tomatoes, but you could use grape or pearl tomatoes), Red Onion, and Italian Parsley.
- Place all chopped vegetables and herbs into a large bowl.
- Bring Asparagus Water back to a boil.
- In a skillet, add the Olive Oil and the Couscous (my box had about 1-1/2 Cups of couscous). Toast the couscous until lightly golden.
- Follow the directions on your couscous box for how much Boiling Water to use. the asparagus water will add extra flavor.
- Bring couscous to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cover couscous.
- Simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until couscous has soaked up all of the water. If it sticks to the pan a little, you can add a tiny bit more of the asparagus water to loosen the couscous from the pan.
- Add the couscous to the other salad ingredients in the bowl, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve the Salmon Kabobs hot off the grill.
- The Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad with Tomatoes can be served directly after making, at room temperature, or chilled.
- We rounded out the meal with fresh sliced Avocado.
- Leftover salmon can be added to the couscous salad for a delicious lunch the next day. Warm the salmon or use it cold.
Please let me know how much you enjoy this
Scrumptious Summer Supper!
Do you have any Summer Favorites?
Follow me on
I would love to hear from you … leave me a Comment.
Share using our Hashtag!
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com
That sounds amazing!! I never would have thought to make salmon kabobs…we’ll have to try it. 🙂
They are really delicious! 🙂
Let me know what you think of them.
Hi Lorelai. This looks delicious. I am having a bowl of grilled vegetable gazpacho for dinner. Very refreshing and also delicious. Thanks for sharing.
It is wonderful. We really enjoyed it. I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think. 🙂
If I hadn’t just had a very filling supper, it would make me very hungry. Looks so yummy. I never thought about making kabobs with fish, great idea. Thank you!
You’re welcome..give it a try sometime and let me know what you think. 🙂
This looks delicious Lorelai. I love Salmon and I love avocados. I might pass on the salad but want to eat everything else. Not a fan of asparagus.
Make the salad without the asparagus. The couscous is a nice alternative for something different. 🙂
This sounds (and looks) so delicious!
It was very yummy and a nice change from the usual! 🙂
That looks fantastic! I would have never thought to use the asparagus water for the couscous. I am definitely going to do this for dinner soon. Thanks for sharing the recipes! 🙂
I always use my boiling waters that way…it just adds another layer of flavor. I hope you enjoy it…let me know! 🙂
Next time I want an invite! 😉 YUM!
Stop on by anytime, Jen! 🙂
Looks easy AND yummy!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Very YUMMY! Give it a try…let me know what you think. 🙂
Ahhh… had grilled Salmon this evening, enjoyed it… but did not think about putting it on a skewer! All looks delicious! Thanks for sharing.
It was amazing. You’ll have to try this next time. 🙂
Right up my ally 😛 yum! Thank you!!
It’s a pretty good alley! 🙂
That sounds amazing! I WILL be trying that salmon!
Yeah! 🙂 Let me know what you think.
Perfect combination – salmon, asparagus and couscous – thanks for sharing!
Hi from Northern Ireland 🙂
I gladly welcome Northern Ireland to my humble blog!!! This really is an amazing meal. Give it a try and let me know what you think. 🙂
Good gracious, that looks and sounds amazing!!!
My lips are smacking just thinking about how yummy that was! 🙂
Looks delicious! I wonder if my kids would eat it?
My picky kid LOVED it! 🙂
Can’t wait to make this!!!!
You will have to let me know how it goes, Angie! 🙂
Hi Lorelai! Your dinner looks great! I love couscous (even though I find it impossible t eat w/o making a mess!) and the kabobs are a great way to jazz up salmon. Yum!
It was so delicious…give it a try and let me know what you think. 🙂
[…] Grilled Salmon Kabobs & Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad With Tomatoes (lifewithlorelai.wordpress.com) […]
Thanks for the link love! You have some great looking recipes. YUM! 🙂
[…] Grilled Salmon Kabobs & Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad With Tomatoes […]
Thanks for the Link Love! 🙂
[…] 1. Fresh Nectarine Pie with Lattice Top Pie Crust – Printable Recipe 2. Sour Cream, Cilantro and Parsley Potatoes on the Grill – Printable Recipe 3. Citrus, Chili, Cilantro Marinade with Printable Recipe 4. Funny Flub-ups! – The Caramel Sticky Buns Escapade 5. Grilled Salmon Kabobs & Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad With Tomatoes […]
Hi Lorelai! Making this for a big family gathering this week…how many does it serve? Will let you know how it goes :))
Jennifer, I hope everyone enjoyed! 🙂
[…] rich with fiber that helps the children focus better and pay attention in school. Blueberries and salmon can also improve brain function. Tofu is an ideal source of lean protein and has a positive impact […]