A Scrumptious Summer Supper
I wanted to share with you the lovely summer meal that Luke and I had Wednesday night. We grilled up Salmon Kabobs and made an amazing Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad with Tomatoes. It was delicious, filling, and super healthy! I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did.
- 2 Tbs. – Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 2 Tbs. – Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp. – Cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp. – Red Pepper Flakes, crushed
- 1-1/2 Lbs. – Wild Salmon Fillet, skinned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 – Lemons, very thinly sliced into rounds
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Coarse Sea Salt, to taste
- 16 – Bamboo Skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour.
- Heat the Grill on Medium Heat, and rub Oil on the grates. Combine Oregano, Sesame Seeds, Cumin, and Red Pepper Flakes in a small bowl, mix well, and set aside.
- Use 2 parallel skewers and thread Salmon and folded Lemon Slices beginning and ending with salmon. You should yield 7 or 8 completed skewers.
- Lightly coat the salmon with the Olive Oil Spray, then season with Salt and the reserved spice mixture.
- Grill the Salmon Kabobs, turning occasionally, until fish is opaque throughout, about 8-10 minutes.
Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad with Tomatoes Printable Recipe
- 1-Box – Israeli Couscous (whole wheat pearl couscous)
- 1-Bundle – Thin Asparagus Spears (reserve water from boiling)
- 1-1/2 Cups – Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 Cup – Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 – Lemons, juiced
- 1 Tbs. – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. – Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Coarse Sea Salt, to taste
- Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste
- Slivered Almonds, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Rinse Asparagus. Snap bottoms off to remove tough ends (If you bend the asparagus they will snap in the appropriate place).
- Place asparagus into the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a large slotted spoon and rinse in a colander with cold water to stop cooking.
- Turn off burner and replace lid to the asparagus water. Reserve for later.
- Cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Chop Tomatoes (I used our homegrown regular sized tomatoes, but you could use grape or pearl tomatoes), Red Onion, and Italian Parsley.
- Place all chopped vegetables and herbs into a large bowl.
- Bring Asparagus Water back to a boil.
- In a skillet, add the Olive Oil and the Couscous (my box had about 1-1/2 Cups of couscous). Toast the couscous until lightly golden.
- Follow the directions on your couscous box for how much Boiling Water to use. the asparagus water will add extra flavor.
- Bring couscous to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cover couscous.
- Simmer for about 10-12 minutes or until couscous has soaked up all of the water. If it sticks to the pan a little, you can add a tiny bit more of the asparagus water to loosen the couscous from the pan.
- Add the couscous to the other salad ingredients in the bowl, Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Serve the Salmon Kabobs hot off the grill.
- The Lemon Asparagus Couscous Salad with Tomatoes can be served directly after making, at room temperature, or chilled.
- We rounded out the meal with fresh sliced Avocado.
- Leftover salmon can be added to the couscous salad for a delicious lunch the next day. Warm the salmon or use it cold.
Please let me know how much you enjoy this
Scrumptious Summer Supper!
Do you have any Summer Favorites?
Follow me on
Share using our Hashtag!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com