Mason Jar Pump!
A couple of weekends ago, I posted a scrumptious recipe for Homemade Pumpkin Spice Syrup (This recipe has been updated. Find the new recipe here… Pumpkin Spice Syrup–Improved Recipe, Saavy?). The photo I used showed the syrup in a mason jar with a pump. I loved this idea, and decided to make one for myself. The project is really very simple, but Luke and I had a great time doing it together. Here is the How To…
What You Need:
- Mason Jar with Canning Lid and Ring
- Plastic Bottle with a Pump (Soap Dispenser)
- Power Drill with a Hole Attachment
- Box Cutter
- Stainless Steel Washer or a second Lid (optional)
- Empty contents of pump bottle and clean.
- Measure width of bottle threads. (We used a soap dispenser that measured 7/8″)
- Measure for the center of the lid, and use the nail to mark the center.
- Drill hole in the center of the lid and smooth edges.
- Use box cutter to slice off the top of the bottle with the threading and a little shoulder to keep it from pulling through the hole.
- Check fit of all pieces. Trim pump straw (at an angle) to proper height for jar.
- Slide bottle threading through the stainless steel washer, and then through the lid hole.
- Place pump through the threading and tighten.
- Place lid on jar and lock in place with the lid ring.
- We used the stainless steel washer to give extra support for the pumping. You could also double the lid for more strength. Both of these are optional.
- All pieces are removable for easy cleaning, especially when using the pump for food items.
- DO NOT use zinc lids if you will be using the pump for food. Be sure to use the canning lids only!
Rory and I are loving our Mason Jar Pump Dispenser filled with Pumpkin Spice Syrup! I hope you find this DIY project easy and fun. Let me know if you give it a try.
Have you made anything similar?
What DIY projects have you done for your home?
On Another Note~
Around the World with I Am Meg
Today marks the 7th post in the Travel Guest Blogger Series. Please go check it out!
Today’s Post: Kimberly: Greensboro, North Carolina
For a list of all posts, Check the Schedule: HERE
Don’t Forget to Join in the FUN of
A Pinteresting Halloween!
Click the InLinkz Link-up.
Follow me on
Share using our Hashtag!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com