Life With Lorelai’s First Challenge!
As promised in my post 2 weeks ago, Walking With Audiobooks, I have put together a fun, healthful, and brain stimulating challenge. You may sign-up for the challenge now, but the actual challenge runs September 1st through September 30th.
Here’s how to join in the challenge…
1. Follow Life With Lorelai on at least one Social Media platform: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ (If following on Facebook, be sure to use your personal profile to click “Like”. Likes do not count or show up from pages.) But of course, the more following the merrier! 🙂
2. Place the Challenge Grab Button in your blog’s side bar (or wherever your buttons go), so you are linked back here.
<div align="center"><a href="https://lifewithlorelai.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/challenge-walking-with-audiobooks-1/" title="Walking With Audiobooks Challenge"><img src="https://lifewithlorelai.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/ive-joined-the-challenge-grab-button.jpg" alt="Walking With Audiobooks Challenge" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. If you have a Pinterest account, follow the Walking With Audiobooks Challenge – September 2014 Pinterest Board.
4. Add your blog to the Challenge Party (below). This can be your main page if you’d like.
5. Be sure to come back and add links to the books you are reading! Post that you have joined the challenge and add that specific link! You can find awesome book links with descriptions on Goodreads. If you write a review or blog post about the books or the challenge, please link them in the September 2014 Reads (below).
6. No Blog, No Worries! Join the Audio-Walkers facebook group.
7. Come back and Log Your Weekly Walking Time in the Comments section here or in the Audio-Walkers facebook group.
8. Optional: Add a bookshelf or what your currently reading to your blog’s side bar. You can do this with Goodreads or Shelfari.
9. Support your fellow Audio-Walkers!
10. Walk, Read, get Healthy, Enjoy! Let’s have some Fun. 😀
September 2014 Reads
Looking for Audiobooks?
Check-out your local Library, OverDrive, Audible, Tantor Audio, bookstores, and online.
I am super excited about sharing this challenge with you. Support your fellow Audio-Walkers with encouragement, follows and comments.
SHARE this CHALLENGE!!!
Tweet, Pin, Status Update, Message, Post
What kind of books do you like to read?
Do you walk regularly now?
Follow me on
I would love to hear from you … leave me a Comment.
Share using our Hashtag!
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com
16 thoughts on “CHALLENGE: Walking With Audiobooks #1”
I’ve used audio books for long trips but can’t use them while walking with the toddlers. They always want to hear what I am hearing, two kids and two earbuds don’t work for the three of us. Good luck with your challenge!
Let the kids listen to their own stories. Try this link… https://www.artsreformation.com/records/ for some AWESOME children’s stories – FREE downloads! You will have their imaginations soaring! 🙂
Hey, this is a great resource! I’ll add this to our reading time for school. My voice gets super tired of reading and talking all the time. I love this challenge, by the way. I’ll have to carve out some time to try to join in 🙂
Oh, we grew up listen to the Let’s Pretend stories… they are AWESOME!!! I still love them (tee-hee). I would love for you to join in the challenge! 🙂
This sounds very intriguing to me. My parents were big with audio books back when you could get them at Cracker Barrel. I guess they can now be loaded to a devise. I’m going to check this out, will let you know if I can jump in! Sounds fun to me!
I’m thrilled you’re intrigued! Jump in, Shirley… you can go at your own pace, that’s the beauty of it all. 🙂 And yes, you can load them straight to your iPod or whatever device you use.
Sounds like an easy fun challenge….Yet the only walk I get around here is “chasing” after two little kids..Help!!
Put the kids and the stroller and go! 🙂 Give it a try, maybe they will enjoy as much as you will.
Oh, this sounds like fun! Now I just need to find time to walk and listen LOL I’m coming into my busy season!
Take the time, Kristen, even if it’s just 20-30 minutes a day. It will relax and rejuvenate your mind and body… especially during a busy season. 🙂
This is such a great idea!! I have had so many food allergies and auto-immune issues this year, I’ve gotten lazy in my daily walking. I think you’ve just sparked some motivation my way 🙂 I’m in!!
Yeah! Welcome aboard. It should be a lot of fun. What are you going to read / listen to?
This is a great challenge !! Is there any audio books related to crafts ??
I’m not sure. I do know there are many books (especially in the cozy mystery genre) that have crafting backgrounds: knitting, sewing, cooking, party planning, etc. Check out some of the links for specific titles. I hope you will be joining the challenge, Sahana… don’t forget to add your links to the party! 🙂