Life With Lorelai Goes Self-Hosted
Exciting news! My little blog has taken a big leap, and I hope you will continue to enjoy the journey with me as Life With Lorelai goes self-hosted. I have to admit I was shaking like a leaf when I pressed the buttons to take GoDaddy up on its fantastic $1/month for a year of self-hosted Managed WordPress offer. Thank you, Christy Keen of Big Otter Books blog, for sharing about this deal in our facebook group.
I am having loads of fun checking out plug-ins and other fun goodies that are now available to me with the new platform. There is also a lot of work involved in getting everything up and running smoothly… and hopefully, quickly. Please bare with me as I learn how to do this, and let me know if you find something that is not working correctly or that could be done better.
Most Clicked at the Home Matters Linky Party #5!
More fun and exciting stuff… I have a Featured Link at Home Matters Linky Party for getting the Most Clicks at last weeks party! It’s the first time I’ve been featured at a link party. Check out the featured post, 15 Tips & Tricks – Organize Your Home, and be sure to stop by the Home Matters Linky Party.
A Blog Award
In other wonderful news, Life With Lorelai is honored to receive another Blog Award. Roopini at Let’s Make It Lovely, nominated me for a Liebster Award.
Here are the Rules:
- You have to link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person that nominated you.
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers, and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link to your post for them so that they can learn about the nomination.
Roopini’s Questions – My Answers
- Why and how long ago did you start blogging? I began blogging about 15-months ago, as cheap therapy. Read about it in About Lorelai.
- What is your favorite craft or home decor store? Hobby Lobby… gotta love that store!
- Is there something you learnt late in your blog journey that you wished you knew before? I’m still learning new things with each blog post, and having a great time doing it. I wish I hadn’t waited so long to celebrate: Life With Lorelai Goes Self-Hosted.
- What is your favorite pass time other than blogging? Other than my kids, spending time with Luke, my amazing boyfriend, and singing karaoke (as you can tell by my Go Ahead, Sing Karaoke feature on the blog). Of course, October for me is all about Pumpkin Carving… check it out!
- How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog? I’ve just recently started back after taking about a six-month hiatus due to the craziness of life and health. Before that… a LOT, now, I am trying to post once or twice a week for starters.
- What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most? All the fun stuff… life, recipes, DIY, gardening, home stuffs, pumpkins.
- Where does your blog inspiration come from? I am inspired by everything and everyone around me. Life is interesting… let’s celebrate it… and blog about it! 🙂
- What is your favorite post that you have written? I’ve written a couple of posts using Pirate Speak. Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Treasure Find Fer Me ‘n Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, Onion Seasoned Grilled Chicken Fer Me twer a BLAST to scribe!
- Is there any post that you have been planning to do, but kept postponing for a while now? Not really… any suggestions?
- How did your friends and family react when you first started your blog, and what do they think about it now? They enjoy my blog, and are glad that I have such fun with it.
- Which blog post of mine do you like the most? I love your DIY Earphones Case… awesome idea for re-purposing a small tin.
Roopini, thanks so much for the Liebster Award.
And the Nominees are…
- Christy @ Big Otter Books – You OTTER be reading!
- Rochelle @ RochelleBarlow – Blog it up!
- Rebekah @ Surviving Toddlerhood – allergies, attitudes, character and cuddles
- Vee @ Made Actually – Being creative is not a hobby, it’s a way of life…
- Kim @ Climer Chaos – Life Happens in the Kitchen
- Anna @ Northern Homestead – Growing, Raising, and Preserving Real Food in Cold Climate
- Missy @ Mommy’s Kitchen – Step-by-step cooking from Greece… or anywhere!
- Samantha @ The Marble Jar – Powerful change one small choice at a time
- Ana @ Celebrating Sunshine – For all the good days…
- Stephanie @ Sharing A to Z – Shopping, Sharing, and Finding the Sunshine in each day
- Stephany @ Freshly Squeezed Lemonaid – Life Lessons: meant for good
As for your questions to answer…
Roopini’s questions to me were really great, and so fun to answer. I would like to hear your answers to the same. It really was interesting thinking about my blog that way. Have fun with it and enjoy. Congratulations to all of you on your Liebster Award Nomination!
Be sure to check out the post links in my answers. I think you’ll have fun with them.
So, there you have it. My first self-hosted post, my first featured link at a link party, and an award. Life With Lorelai goes self-hosted… and it can only get better from here! Have a great day. 🙂
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Share using our Hashtag!
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com
21 thoughts on “Life With Lorelai Goes Self-Hosted”
Congratulations – that IS a big leap for your blog! You won’t regret it – going total pro from here 🙂 Have a great day!!
So far, I’m super happy. I do need to figure out the whole commenting on others blogs with my new blog URL attached. Thanks, Renee 🙂
Congrats! Thanks for the nomination — these are super fun questions! I’ve loved following your blog since I first met you!
You are welcome, Rochelle! I love your blog. I can’t wait to see what you have to say. 🙂
Thanks so much for the nomination !! You have made me so happy :))))
How do I pick up the award ? And how do we answer the questions?
You’re welcome, Missy! I’m so glad I found your blog. 🙂 I’m looking forward to learning more about you.
Sorry, Missy… I forgot to answer your question about how you pick-up your award. You need to make a post on your blog. The Rules and Questions are listed in this post. And you can save the image right from here as well. 🙂
Wahoo for self hosting!! I am working towards that and I wish I would have done it a long time ago too! I want it badly, and just need to take the leap. Congrats!!
I’ve wanted it since the beginning, but was just to scared to try it. I’m so glad that I did. It really hasn’t been too bad, a little extra time, but nothing super hard. Of course, I do still have some things to work-out. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Congratulations on self-hosting!! Your blog is beautiful, I love your theme-the colors are so fresh and the design invites you in.
Christy, thanks so much! I have had a lot of fun putting the new blog together. Thanks for inspiring me and giving me the needed push to finally do this. 🙂
I’ve been noticing changes happening here! Exciting stuff!!! So glad you’re chilling with us at #homematters 🙂
Thanks for noticing. And I am loving the Home Matters Linky Party–always some great posts being shared. 🙂
Congratulations for doing a scary and trying endeavor. Everything looks great, and I know you feel much better having done it.
Thank you for the nomination!!
Thanks, Vee. The really scary part is over, but there is always tweaking here and there to be done. I can’t wait to see your answers for the award questions. 🙂
yay!! Congrats on self hosting and the link up feature!! Loved reading the answers for the award question. Your pumpkins carvings are awesome.
It has certainly been an exciting day. I’m glad you enjoyed the pumpkin carving! Be sure to keep watch in October… 🙂
Lorelai, I love then new look of your blog. I’ve been with Go Daddy for a year and am very happy as I know you will be too! Congrats on all your big changes. I’m looking forward to your Pumpkin posts this year 🙂
I’m so glad you like the look, Shirley! I am very pleased with GoDaddy so far. they are easy to work with. ANd I’m excited about Pumpkin Time being right around the corner too! I even saw the first 3 pumpkin products at Trader Joe’s yesterday. HA! The Pumpkin Rolls were my first Instagram photo. LOL 🙂
Can I comment twice? Thank you so much for the shout out for Home Matters Linky party !!! We have a new ‘better’ button available now 🙂
Of course you can comment twice! LOL… I have updated the Grab Button and the image in my post. Thanks for letting me know. 🙂