Rustic Raspberry Ricotta Galette Recipe – A deliciously simple dessert that’s both romantic and impressive!
Rustic Raspberry Ricotta Galette Recipe
A Deliciously Simple Dessert
The first thing you may be asking is, “What the heck is a galette?” A galette is similar to a tart. Like a tart, a galette can be sweet or savory, but where a tart is usually made in a tart pan, a galette is free-form. You can learn more about Tarts vs. Galettes here.
I wanted to make a simple dessert for Valentine’s Day that Luke and I could share. Since I love raspberries, and they are red, this Raspberry Ricotta Galette sounded perfect. The complete idea popped into my head as I roamed the aisles of my neighborhood Trader Joe’s store. I began tossing items into my cart.
This would make a tasty addition to any meal, and its beauty lends itself nicely as a romantic dessert.
Let’s get baking…
Pie Crust, Ricotta Cheese, Raspberry Jam, Honey, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Heavy Cream, Fresh Raspberries,
The rustic galette is very easy to put together. First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and layout your pie crust.
Stir together the Ricotta cheese and honey
Spread Ricotta and honey mixture on the pie crust leaving a wide edge for folding. Top Ricotta with raspberry jam. Fold edge over the top, leaving the center open, and pinch together as needed.
Give the top crust edge a cream wash and dust with sugar and chocolate if desired.
Bake the galette at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. After baking, allow galette to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack for cooling.
Make the ganache.
Pipe whipped cream around the center crust edge. I piped a heart in the center of the galette since it was Valentine’s Day. Top with fresh raspberries, and drizzle with ganache.
Cut and serve.
Be creative with your galette and try different flavor combinations.
Here is a printable recipe for you.
- The measurements for this recipe are also rustic -- rough approximations by taste
- 3/4 Cup - Ricotta Cheese (I used Fat Free)
- 2 Tablespoons - Honey
- 1/2 Cup - Raspberry Jam
- 1 Pie Crust (store bought or make your own)
- Sugar and Chocolate (to sprinkle on crust)
- Heavy Whipping Cream (to coat crust top edge, whip, and ganache)
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Fresh Raspberries
- FOR THE GALETTE:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper
- Layout pie crust on parchment
- In a medium bowl mix Ricotta Cheese and Honey
- Spread ricotta mixture in the center of pie crust, leaving a wide edge to fold over the top
- Spread Raspberry Jam over the ricotta cheese
- Fold crust edges over the top of spreads, but leaving the center open
- Pinch crust edges together as needed
- Paint top crust edge with cream and dust with sugar and chocolate
- Bake at 375° F for 45 minutes
- NOTE -- After Baking, let galette stand on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack for further cooling.
- FOR THE GANACHE:
- In a double boiler add Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and a splash of Heavy Cream (The ganache is just for a garnishing drizzle, so you do not need a lot. Start with smaller amounts of chips and cream, you can always add more).
- Add cream to thin the chocolate as needed and stir until smooth and glossy.
- GARNISHING THE GALETTE:
- Garnish with a ring of whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Drizzle with ganache.
Have you ever made a galette?
What flavors would you use?
Share using our Hashtag!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com