This post, School Year Tips To Shine With Success, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MomentsShineWithWindex #CollectiveBias
Shine with success this school year with great tips: first day of school photo ideas, organization charts, homework station ideas, and free printables.
School Year Tips To Shine With Success
Make Moments Sparkle
Can you believe it? Back-to-school is here! This is always a special and hectic time for families with school-age kids, even when they are heading off to college (Ha! Maybe more so). But, through the years I have learned a thing or two, and now I am going to share them with you.
These ideas for a successful school year are easy to implement and change up to meet your needs. Be creative! I even created a few FREE PRINTABLES that you can download. My hope is that you will find these ideas helpful and fun.
First Day of School Photo Ideas:
The first day of school means PICTURES! So, be prepared, grab your Windex® Original Glass Cleaner and make moments shine. You definitely don’t want grubby fingerprints on windows in the background.
Give these creative and easy ideas a try.
- Use Chalk Markers to write and draw on glass or chalkboard.
I did this with Rory this year — college bound. We have pictures from every school year of the kids in front of our car or truck. It is a nice way to look back and remember what life was like at that moment in time, including our ride.
A couple of really nice things about using chalk markers on the windows — they are easy to write with and very easy to clean with Windex® products, check it out…
Clean your windows first. Windex® Original Glass Wipes work great for this.
Draw and Write on your windows to make your moments shine. Then, it is easy to clean up with the Windex® Original Glass Cleaner spray. The spray helps loosen up the dried chalk. Watch how easy…
- Use Sidewalk Chalk and draw a large number for the grade your child is entering on the driveway. Decorate the number with style and personal flair. Then, have your child sit in the number or next to it for the photo.
- Make a small pennant banner that your child can hold for the picture. Write or glue the words: First Day of School, 1st Grade, 2017, or whatever you want to say to create a special memory.
- Frame a printable and have your child hold it for the picture. You can download and personalize the FREE PRINTABLE I created just for you.
Click to Download the First Day of School Printable
Remember, be camera-ready with Windex® Original Glass Cleaner or Windex® Original Glass Wipes.
Then, take advantage of this fabulous OFFER: Buy 2 Windex® products and get $20 to shop at Shutterfly®. This is a limited time offer. Disclaimer: Offer valid 7/15/17 – 12/1/17. Visit here for terms and conditions. Notice those dates, you can buy more Windex® products and use the offer for Halloween and Thanksgiving photos too!
Get Organized for the New School Year:
Start the school year with a plan. Children do very well with a schedule, it gives them a sense of purpose and a semblance of security. If they know what to expect next, you will have an easier time getting them to accomplish it. Schedules help set your child up for success!
- Set Schedules
- Morning: Wake up time, eat breakfast, brush teeth, get dressed, leave for school, etc.
- After School: Have a snack, do homework, play outside, eat dinner, quiet reading time or studying, take a bath, pack your backpack for the next day, set out your shoes and clothes for school, etc.
- Bed Time: Have a set time your child is supposed to go to bed. Making sure your child gets enough sleep each night and is well-rested will help to ensure they have a good learning day a school.
- Have a specified place for backpacks and other items to be placed. If you are not searching all over the house for things your morning will go much smoother. Less stress, less fighting, and arguing is better for everyone’s day.
I have created a couple Organization Charts that will help your child stay on task between getting home from school and going to bed. You can download these FREE PRINTABLES. You have a choice of two different color schemes.
Click to Download I’m Ready For School Organization Chart – yellow
Click to Download I’m Ready For School Organization Chart – pink
Put this chart on your refrigerator and use magnets to mark the accomplishments daily.
Homework Station Ideas:
Homework stations were a big part of a successful school year for us. We had one set up in our kitchen, where the kids could sit at the table to do their work, and I could be getting dinner ready for the family. The nice thing was that I was there and available for any questions that may arise. We had a cabinet where all of our homework necessities were stored.
We also had homework supplies in the car/truck. Why not take advantage of the time while one child is sitting around waiting for the other sibling for sports practice or ballet lessons? The more you get finished early, the more free time you have at home at night as a family.
- Set up a place in your home where your child(ren) will do homework every day.
- Find somewhere to store all our homework supplies: notebook paper; graph paper; pencils; erasers; glue; paper clips; stapler and staples, colored pencils; crayons; markers; etc. Be sure supplies are easily accessible to your child.
- Use a Lazy Susan or turntable to place your supplies on the table. That way your kids can just spin the supplies to reach what they need.
Supplies on the go.
- Keep a smaller amount of the same school supplies in your vehicle. Colored pencils work better than crayons and markers as they do not melt.
- Have chairs for your kids, so they have a place to sit.
- A lap desk or board helps to give stability for writing.
Whatever you are doing, however you celebrate and organize for the new school year, remember to get things clean and make your moments sparkle with Windex® products, America’s #1 glass cleaner — famous for streak-free shine!* For more information and ideas for use follow Windex® on Facebook and Twitter.
And do make use of the Shutterfly® offer, generations of your family will thank you.
Want another fun idea for school? Check out this fun video tutorial, Cool For School or Anytime… Shoelacing!
Here’s to a happy and organized school year! Go get ’em kids and parents alike.
* Claim based on data reported by Nielsen Scantrack in Household Glass Cleaner category for 52 weeks ending 11/26/16. Total US XAOC. Copyright 2016. The Nielsen Company.
Share using our Hashtag!
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com
We had a place where my brothers and I did our homework together and it was always nice to sit and work together in the same place every night. It kind of made homework more enjoyable to be doing it together. I like your back to school photo ideas!
I know writing on the car windows is popular for high school athletes in our area. I’m sure the wipes would come in handy for them.
I love seeing all the back to school pics people post. These are great tips!
It’s so neat how over the years we have so many options for creating memories. I remember in the day….. lol This is a really fun idea. I love how easy it is to clean when you are finished.
These are awesome back to school tips. I feel like being organized is key! Also love the car decor!
Great tips! My family and I homeschool, so staying organized is key for success. We have our school room all set up for success!
Getting organized for a new school year is definitely a must! I love your cute printables! We are still working on finding the right routine and getting organized for the new school year!
I am never organized when the first day of school approaches. It is a goal, though.
Great ideas for Back To School. I didn’t know chalkboard markers can work so good on car windows. Thanks for the tip (and showing how to clean the marker off with Windex!) That’s equally important.
Stopping by from the #HomeMattersParty linky. Have a great week!
These are great tips to shine at school. My kid must read these tips.
I like how your daughter still lets you take a first day of school picture with her and the car even though she is in college. My kids didn’t cooporate with me once they got in high school. #HomeMattersParty