Do you love chalkboard art? Get the chalkboard art tips you need to make beautiful chalkboards for your home – the easy way! Plus get a free design perfect for those cozy winter nights and drinking hot cocoa. Snuggle up with some fun and fabulous winter decor. #ad #ChalkboardArt #Winter
Some of the products in this post were provided by Oriental Trading Company.
Chalkboard Art Tips And Cozy Winter Nights
When the weather outside is cold, it is the perfect time to snuggle up and get cozy. We love to use our White Winter Ceramic Mugs that look like cable knit sweaters and enjoy some hot cocoa. We snuggle up in the den and turn on one of our favorite shows or movie. The den is all decked out in Buffalo Plaid winter decor.
One of the items I picked up from Oriental Trading was this super cute Buffalo Plaid Chalkboard. I absolutely LOVE chalk art (check out my Sidewalk Chalk Art). So, I couldn’t resist this board and creating a fun design. There are a few tips and tricks I want to share with you on how you can make your own chalk art design and transfer it easily to your own chalkboard. You won’t believe how easy it is!
I wanted to celebrate cozy winter nights with a chalkboard design that featured the hot cocoa we enjoy. So, I drew a steaming mug to compliment the saying, “Warm Mugs of Hot Cocoa Served All Winter Long.” I am thrilled with how it turned out.
Get the Chalkboard Art Tips
Create your design
- Create your design. Use fancy fonts, choose or draw graphics.
- Put them all together how you want them in a word document, photo program, or whatever you like to use.
- Make your design the size you need for your chalkboard.
- Print a black and white copy of your design.
Transfer your design to the Chalkboard
- Use the side of a piece of chalk to chalk the back side of your design paper. Be sure to cover every bit of your design area.
- Place the chalked side of paper against your chalkboard and lightly tape it into place. This just keeps the pattern still and in the proper position.
- Trace over your design to transfer it to the chalkboard.
- Remove the tape and pattern.
- Use Chalk Markers to draw your design onto the chalkboard. Follow your pattern, it is easy peasy!
- Once finished, let your chalk marker DRY thoroughly.
- After the chalk marker is completely dry, you can dust off the remaining chalk dust and have a perfect chalkboard decor.
FREE Printable Design Pattern
Warm Mugs of Hot Cocoa Served All Winter Long
Download HERE — prints on a legal size paper (11 inch x 14 inch)Do you love chalkboard art? Get the chalkboard art tips you need to make beautiful chalkboards for your home - the easy way! #chalkboard #chalkboardtips #chalkboardart @LorelaisLife Click To Tweet
Get imaginative with your decor this winter. I’d love to see what chalkboard designs you create. Have some fun and stay cozy!
Share using our Hashtag!
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com
Fabulous tips. I cannot imagine I too can create such beautiful chalkboard designs. It is easy.
I need to get on the ball with my chalkboard. It’s stayed exactly the same since the first thing I wrote on it LOL
You always have the neatest tricks for doing chalk art! I love how your Winter Cocoa chalkboard turned out. #HomeMattersParty
I need to try this, Lorelai. Looks so cool.Thank you for sharing. #HomeMattersParty
Those are lovely! I love chalkboard art, we have a board at home, it was a project my daughter and I worked on, we turned an old window frame into a decorative board/ picture frame. It’s hanging in our kitchen now.
Love this, Lorelai! 🙂 I can’t wait to make my own chalkboard art. Thank you for sharing these great tips.
I love chalkboard art. Having fun with your creations, Jessica!
Love this design! I really need to practice more on lettering. Thanks for a great tutorial. #HomeMattersParty
I love chalkboard art, this is great! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty