Getting To Know Lorelai
Life is fascinating! Living life on the sidelines is not an option for me. I want to embrace it.
Hi, I’m Lorelai, and I’m thrilled you stopped by Life With Lorelai for a visit. Sharing recipes, DIY projects (home and crafts), fun and heartwarming stories, and more is not only cheap therapy; it’s also me helping you to embrace life, love, interests…
What is my blogging style? A friend once said that I was a, “creative storyteller serving up life with a side of humor.”
I love to throw parties for my family and friends, which always receive rave reviews – from the delectable and gratifying food to the fun, fabulous, and frugal decor. So, when they need a little help, whom do they call? Me. I am happy to oblige. Being a “hostess with the mostess,” doesn’t have to be hard, it just takes planning.
Over the years, I have learned lots of tips and tricks to help you in the kitchen, around your home, in the garden, and planning for holidays and other celebrations. You will even find some ideas for your pets, with the help of my two adorable kitties, Jinx and Josie. Hang around, and let’s embrace life together. I will help you take my ideas and make them your own by adding personal flare.
Random Fun Facts About Me:
- I have a son (Kirk) and a daughter (Rory), both 20-something.
- My boyfriend (Luke) is the most amazing man I have ever known!
- We have two sweet and gorgeous black cats, Jinx and Josie. #JinxandJosie
- Huntington Beach (Surf City, USA) is home.
- I am a Southern California girl, born and raised here in Orange County (the home of Disneyland).
- I write novels – children’s fantasy and cozy mysteries.
- Pumpkin Carving is an art and a passion. See my Pumpkin Carving page.
- My favorite number is 8! (Possibly, it has something to do with my birthday–August 8).
- I love to sing karaoke.
- Coffee! Yes, I’ll have some. I am addicted. I must needs my coffee! Other food favorites would include prime rib, tomato sandwiches, chocolate chip ice cream, and Cadillac margaritas or special-blend martinis. (I like to prepare a pitcher of martinis for every holiday…maple martini, salted caramel martini, apple martini; the list goes on with my imagination).
- I cook my Thanksgiving Turkey in 2-hours. It comes out beautifully golden brown and moist and tender on the inside—scrumptious. Who wants to wait all day for a turkey to come out of the oven? Not me.
- My specialty-baking item is Cheesecake, all kinds, any flavor combinations that pop into my head and make my mouth water.
- I have a vivid imagination. My mother encouraged creativity. She read us tons of stories / fairytales using different voices for each character. She brought the stories to life making them fun and exciting. Talk about special memories! I tried to do the same for my kids.
- Those childhood stories led to my love of books and reading. I truly cherish my morning walks with my audiobooks. I even listen to them while doing household chores and yardwork.
- Gardening with Luke has taught me to appreciate the goodness of worms, and allows me to really stop and smell the roses.
- Activities from my past: a competitive ice skater, a cheerleader / songleader in high school, and on the flying team in college.
- I owned my own flower shop, and was in that business for over 10 years.
- The birthday parties I threw for my kids’ were always the ones parents wanted to stay for and enjoy! People still talk about them today.
If you want to know more about Life With Lorelai, its Digital Marketing, and other opportunities, please see our Media Kit.
Stay In Touch
You can always contact Lorelai personally by sending an email to Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com
Don’t miss another post or newsletter! Sign-up NOW.
Share using our Hashtag!
Sign up today, and don’t miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.