7-Layer Dip Recipe
An Appetizer with a Mexican Flair
This 7-Layer Dip is always the hit of our family parties. Nobody can get enough, and it goes quickly. It is simple to prepare and requires no cooking. You can use already prepared salsa and guacamole, or make your own. The heat in this dip is determined by the heat in your salsa, so it’s easily adjustable. Grab a big bag of tortilla chips and dig in!
What you Need:
Refried Beans, Salsa, Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, a tiny bit of Mayonnaise, Guacamole, Cheese, Tomatoes, Green Onions, Olives, Garlic Powder, and Lime .
How to Put the 7-Layer Dip Together:
Mix the beans and salsa and spread in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and garlic powder until very smooth, then spread over the beans and salsa. Layer guacamole over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Use the remaining ingredients to top the dip.
I promise; you will love this 7-Layer Dip.
Use the olives to make the dip special for different occasions. As you can see in the above photo, I made a stable, manger, and star for Christmas. Write the year in olives or make a clock to countdown to the New Year. Perhaps a football grid for Super Bowl Sunday. A sombrero or maracas for Cinco de Mayo. The possibilities are endless. An added bonus to this type of decoration, is that if you or any of your guests are like me and don’t like olives, they are easily avoided in the dipping!
Below is a printable recipe… enjoy!
- 1 - 16 oz. can Refried Beans
- 1/2 Cup - Salsa
- 1 - 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4 Cup - Sour Cream
- 3 Tbs. - Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. - Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups - Guacamole
- 1 - Lime
- 2-3 - Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Cup - Grated Cheese (I use a Mexican Blend)
- 1 small can - Sliced Olives (chop or leave whole according to your needs)
- 3-5 Green Onions (chopped)
- Combine Refried Beans and Salsa
- Spread in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan
- In a small bowl, mix Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Mayonnaise, and Garlic Powder until smooth
- Spread over bean and salsa mixture
- Mix a little Lime juice into the guacamole
- Spread Guacamole over cream cheese mixture, then use remaining lime to squeeze over the top of the guacamole
- Alternate remaining ingredients in diagonal lines across the top. (I don't put the olives in the diagonal lines, but instead chop them and make a border around the pan. I also make a design in the center using the olives).
The photo shows my Christmas Dip with the olives arranged in a stable, manger, and star. You could also do a football grid for Super Bowl. Your imagination is the limit.
Have you ever had 7-Layer Dip?
What kind of party would you use this dip for?
Share using our Hashtag!
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com