Regular contributor, Michelle James, is sharing a quick and easy DIY gift jar that’s perfect for any occasion. You are going to love this project.
Two of my very best friends’ parents are having some major health issues right now, and it is so hard to watch them struggle through this difficult time. I wanted to give them something so they could relax and de-stress a bit. So, I came up with a wine and chocolate gift jar!
Wine and Chocolate Gift Jar
They both like wine and who doesn’t like chocolate? Well, I guess I know a few people who don’t like chocolate but it is not these two. You should definitely substitute the chocolate for something else if your recipient doesn’t like it.
- Large jar
- Sticker Paper
- Free Printable (download link at the end of this post)
- Kraft Card Stock paper
- Small piece of fabric – I used a piece of drop cloth
- Scissors/paper trimmer
- 4 Small bottles of wine
- Hole Punch
- Chocolate/Candy of your choice
First you will want to download the free printable. This includes the tag and the wine bottle labels. Cute right? I love how they turned out.
Here’s what to do:
- Print out the labels and tag onto sticker paper.
- Trim each label and the tag with scissors or a paper trimmer
- Peel off the sticker backing and place directly over the current label. (if you don’t want to cover the label you can place it directly opposite on the other side of the bottle.
- Peel off the sticker backing of the tag and place it onto the kraft card stock. Trim around the edges to create a border around the sticker. You can see this in the photo below. Punch a hole at the top left. I punched it about an inch and a half in from the corner. I also wrote a little bit on the back of the tag before attaching it to the jar.
- Wrap the neck of the jar several times around with the twine leaving a bit of length at the beginning and the end. Tie a knot. Then thread the tag onto the twine and tie another knot.
- Place the piece of fabric at the bottom of the jar. This looks nice but also keeps them from banging and clanking too much. We don’t want to break good bottles of wine.
- Place the 4 wine bottles into the jar so the label faces out.
- Fill in with chocolate or candy all around the wine bottles.
You are done. Now…surprise your friend!
Download your free labels and tag here
I can’t wait to deliver these.
Have a great couple of weeks!
Visit Michelle at her blog, Michelle James Designs!
Do you have any quick and easy Gift Ideas?
Share using our Hashtag!
Leave me a comment… I’d love to hear from you!
Sign up today, and don't miss anything! Enjoy EXCLUSIVES, FREEBIES, and FUN.
Contact Lorelai at Lorelai@LifeWithLorelai.com